Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Damn hereditary diseases

I have been behind in updating our blog. We have lots of pics to post and I promise I will get to it over the next couple of days. There are a few posts that I have added below.

I have been completely and utterly preoccupied with so many things from family to work to home to health.

As of right now, knock on wood, Clara's asthma is under control with help of a new medication, thank the dear Lord for modern medicine. We are still unsure of her triggers but have come to the conclusion of the possibility of dogs. And probably other things that I have yet to pinpoint. Yes, my daughter, lover of all animals big and small, may be allergic to dogs like her mother. This breaks my heart because of her total elation and delight when she sees one. I am not as ecstatic as Clara when I see a dog since I am terribly allergic but it warms my heart to hear the squeal when she is around one. Now, though, I am tense and scared that just having Clara be around a dog makes me on pins and needles. This sucks in so many ways because I think everybody we know has one, literally. If we can continue to keep her under control, then I won't have to worry as much if she pets one though. We have been in lockdown for nearly a week and a half. No school, no outdoors. She is like me in so many ways but this is one (asthma) in which I wish she wasn't.

Damn hereditary diseases.