Sunday, June 13, 2010

I did It!

I had two New Years Resolutions this year. The first, was to have the guts to wear a bikini again (something I haven't done since before Clara was born) and, Second, to run (not walk) a 5K sometime this year. Granted, I made these resolutions when I was eight months pregnant tells you that I was feeling a bit ambitious. Well, somehow, I have done both.

I have been training for the 5K since the day Owen turned 6 weeks old and was given the go ahead to workout. I was determined to do it. Thanks to my friend, Ashley (miss you girlie!) I was introduced to the Couch-to-5K program. It was such a great beginning training program. I also had a incredibly awesome running buddies in my friends, Leah and Jodi.

Well, yesterday was the day of DadFest. Thankfully, it was overcast and breezy. Our guess was we would finish in about 45 minutes. I am proud to say we finished in just over 37 minutes - 12 minute miles, baby!!!!!

I felt really good until the afternoon when dehydration set in. I definitely learned my lesson with that! That headache was killer.

We are definitely doing another 5K in the fall and next year, I may set my sights on a 10K or more...(Seriously, Deanna, can I tag along with you??)