Monday, June 14, 2010

Clara-isms and Survivor: Brewster-Style

Here are a couple of funny things Clara has said in the last week...

Setting: The Laundry Room
Mommy is spraying stained clothes with OxyClean while Clara is hopping and dancing around just because it is fun.
Clara: "Hey, Mommy, that spray breaks down dirt."
Mommy: "Huh? How do you know that?"
Clara: "I saw a commercial."


Setting: Driving in the Car
Another car quickly gets in front of our car (which surprises me) so I hit the brakes pretty hard.
Clara: "Mommy, be careful."
Mommy: "Sorry, Mommy isn't being a very good driver today."
Clara: "Yeah. Grandma drives better than you."

(What?? Doesn't she know that Grandma taught me how to drive???)

That's my girl.

By the way, Adam was out of town all last week and so I was in survival mode. God Bless Single Moms!!! By Thursday, I was a tad bit looney (and out of wine).

I decided to wean Owen from swaddling since Adam was gone and I knew I would have a few long nights and I didn't want to bother him. The weaning went great and only took two nights (one VERY LONG night - I love my coffee!). He is now no longer my little sweet potato but my little rollie pollie baby. Here he is sleeping with a toy he had a death grip on (the little red ring) I could not get it out of his hand - he even woke up with it still in his hand an hour later!

So, in addition to being in survival mode last week, our satellite decided to go out. Well, at least the HD receivers inside the house. The only one working was the receiver in the garage - the television Adam uses to exercise and use the elliptical machine. Well, at 8:30 in the morning, it was already 86 degrees. Not that we watch TV all day but Momma needs her time to wake up and for the first couple of hours in the morning that is how I do it. We veg. in the living room with my coffee and Clara with her milk. Well, Clara wanted to still veg. so I let her in the warm garage...not sure why she felt the need to have a blanket but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do for her Curious George.