Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One word - Awkward

Any woman, well any normal woman, who has been pregnant and has done the obligatory belly profile picture is completely uncomfortable taking this picture. It is not a normal picture. It is a cruel imitation of a picture you would take in jail. One that is completely unflattering and shows every chin and swollen part of your ready to pop body. I remember vividly being so uncomfortable with taking this picture when I was pregnant with Clara. Pictures that I am not even sure of where they are.

Well, Adam and I attempted to take the picture on Saturday (when I was actually dressed and out of my beloved pajamas). Adam took several and these are the result.

My first picture...
That's it honey, you are a tiger...

Let's get a little more serious - the final result...
I am a lot smaller than I was with Clara - surprising because this time around we are having a boy. Clara took over every part of my body - swelling it from about 6 weeks pregnant and on. This one, a more difficult pregnancy and one that has been full of little surprises here and there, actually has been nicer to my body. He is actually quite a 'chill' little boy and I am hoping that will continue out in the real world. Clara on the other hand was a little feisty in my belly and definitely came out that way - pure, sassy, little girl.
I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon including sonogram. We will see how everything goes!