Saturday, January 30, 2010

Clara's Room

Clara's room is finally done! Officially 4 1/2 days before Little Man is born. Ignore the fact that we still don't have a mattress on the trundle but at least she has a while before her first sleepover! After a few touch ups of the letters of her name, Adam was able to hang the letters on the wall. They look great!

The quilt hanging on the wall is a gorgeous quilt my Mom made for her parents many years ago. I was so blessed that it was passed down to me after my Grandmother passed away. It is something that I have always loved and knew that I wanted it in a little girls room. Thankfully, I was lucky enough to have a little girl and was able to put it in her room! It has been hanging in Clara's room since before she was born. It was the inspiration of her nursery bedding and also helped me update her room to a little girls room.


My Mom made this for me when I was a little girl, I was about 4 years old...
Two of my favorite pictures - one of Clara with her Granny reading and one of Clara with her Thatcher - both drinking bottles when they were about nine and ten months old...