Sunday, January 24, 2010

Like Mama, Like Clara


Lately, Clara has been really into playing house and playing with her baby doll and her stuffed animals. She has also been really enjoying all the baby items that we have either brought down from the attic or bought in the last few weeks such as the baby swing and the new bouncy seat.

Recently, she has been pretending that she has a baby in her belly. It has really cracked me up. I would see her just sitting watching television or reading a book or just playing in general and I look a little closer and she has a lumpy shirt - a stuffed animal up her shirt - she calls it "baby brother." The other day, I finally got her to let take a picture of her. After I took it, she said "The baby is ready! Mommy, you are the doctor. You have to take the baby out!"

Either she knows what she is talking about or I have been watching one too many "Baby Stories" on TLC.