Sunday, August 9, 2009

Start Spreading The News...

We are expecting our second baby!!! We are so excited and have been trying not to spill the beans but we really couldn't wait any longer. I am a little over 13 weeks. We have had three doctor appointments so far and everything looks incredible! Clara is going to be a super big sister!

It will be several more weeks until we find out what we are having. We have asked Clara several times if she wants a baby brother or baby sister and most of the time she has said "baby brother" so we will see if she gets what she wants.

With the exception of the sudden onset of insomnia at 2:30 am almost nightly, a time in which I have now declared snack time for me, I have felt pretty good with just a few waves of nauseousness. Compared to when I was pregnant with Clara, I was sick quite often. With Clara, food was my enemy. I was so turned off by so many things but especially any kind of white meat - chicken, turkey, white fish.

This time, oh man, food is amazing! Food tastes better than it has ever in my life. I can eat anything, preferably enormous portions of anything. Every glass of water I drink is the most fresh, most amazing liquid I have ever had. Every bowl of cereal is the most delicious bowl I have ever consumed. Along with cereal, I crave junk - Taco Bell, Egg McMuffins, deep fried anything. Thankfully, I can still fit into some of my normal size clothes but it is only a matter of time before this belly demands more room and I have to bring out all the maternity clothes. Especially, eating deep fried anything!

I found a cute website that compares the size of our baby to fruit. This week, our baby is the length of a Peach! Too Cute!