Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Taste of Summer

While 86 degrees is a far cry from our 104 degrees we see in August, I wanted to spend the afternoon in the backyard playing in the water.
I was also couldn't wait to try on Clara's new bathing suit:
So, it is a tad bit big in the hips. I kept having to pull it up as to not moon the neighborhood. While Clara wears a 2T and 3T in everything else, she just recently outgrew a pair of shorts size 6 months! She will probably be like her momma and develop her hips in college.
When I finally got the water going, she was pretty unsure.
This is about how close she got to the water before
she said "Water too tall Mommy!"
So, I turned it down for her and she played for about two hours splashing and giggling. She even took the hose around the yard and watered various plants saving me the work.

We also got a chance to feed the birds, Clara's favorite part of the day.

We also got a chance to see a celebrity up close and personal today:

If you are a Curious George fan, you will know this is Jumpy the Squirrel. We even went out to buy Jumpy his very own squirrel feeder, but no, he would rather eat from the bird feeder. The blue jays and cardinals are stuck with the squirrel feeder.

"Silly Jumpy" as Clara would say.

He was out there eating for about an hour with us. Brave little piggy, er squirrel.

I had to include this video since it was hilarious and so Clara. But I guess you learn what you are taught. Imagine a 31 year old Mommy doing this exact same thing - only I don't jump nearly as cute. Also, ignore my voice, I have a very bad habit of narrating everything Clara does.