Thursday, May 21, 2009

In Sickness and in Health...

Monday, marked lucky number seven for Adam and me. We really can't believe that we have been married for so long - it has really flown by. We have no wedding pictures in digital format - so I can't share a picture from our wedding day. I know, I can just hear myself saying to Clara, "Back when your Father and I got married, digital cameras were so new and expensive, we had to use FILM and we had to walk uphill in the snow to get it developed and had to WAIT A WEEK to see the pictures..." Speaking of, our wedding video is on VHS - we don't even own a VCR anymore! That will be another conversation...

Since we do not tend to take pictures together (for some reason we are always taking pictures of Clara) here is a couple of my favorites from our trip to Spain a few years ago (I was six weeks pregnant with Clara so that isn't wine - that is a fancy Spanish drink called "Agua"):

Luckily, we celebrated on Saturday (thanks for babysitting Grandma and Grandpa!) with a great date. I say luckily, because this is what Clara looked like on Monday:

Who is that child with four blankets on top of her not wanting to do anything you ask? Well, that is Clara with a lovely 103 degree fever. Happy Anniversary Mommy and Daddy! Her gift to us was NOT throwing up! Yeah, I can handle sickness that doesn't involve vomit.


She and I have been in lock down since Monday. I have been feeling icky since Monday too - thank goodness no fever for me! Poor Adam has come home each night this week to his girls laying on the couch watching either Curious George or whatever else is on Sprout. Thankfully today is the first day without a fever for Clara and I am finally feeling like myself again, too.