Thursday, May 28, 2009

Alice Cooper is singing in my Head

All day, I have had "School's Out for Summer" in my head. I sang it all day long. Driving, shopping, showering. Pretty much all day long.

Today was Clara's last day of Mother's Day Out. I will definitely miss this for her (and me). I have really enjoyed the few hours off that I have had each week, but I will especially miss her teachers dearly. They have been wonderful in helping Clara get adjusted to school. Although Clara is still very clingy to me she has really come out of her shell socially.

I will never forget that first day - it was SO HARD! I remember dropping her off and then shedding some tears that I had taken my daughter to be cared for by someone else for the day so vividly. Oh, have we come a long way!

We will still be up at school this summer with me working and her coming to tag along. But I am definitely thankful that we have found such an incredible place to grow, learn and play.