Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Pumpkin We Will Go...

Every year, Adam rolls his eyes at my slight obsession with pumpkins and pumpkin patches. I would drag him to a different pumpkin patch every year since we have begun dating over ten years ago and he has bit his tongue many times in watching me load up on different sizes and shapes and colors. I love this time of year - maybe it is because my birthday is right in the middle of the pumpkin season. I think I am passing on this love to Clara.

I believe today we hit our fourth pumpkin patch in three weeks. Don't worry, I haven't loaded up at each one. I just love the way they look, sitting in the field shouting "Pick ME!, Pick ME!" Each one has personality with their shapes, stems, colors, even the bruised spot on the back I can find charming. Today, we met my friends Lee and Jodi and their boys, Caden and J.D. at Owens Country Farm here in Richardson. Clara was so cute to watch. She wondered around stepping over them and inspecting them - she was so indecisive.

We finally narrowed it down to two: