Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Little Artist

Clara takes after her Daddy - that is for sure. She absolutely loves to do anything creative - color, paint, draw, use stickers, play-doh, glue, the list could go on and on. Here are a few pictures from the last couple of months:


Adam has a ton of drawings from his work and he was sorting through them one day - Clara got to enjoy coloring the discards. She also got a kick out of finding letters on the drawings, which she is also getting very good at identifying a majority of the letters.


This was from early September, I remember Clara told me it was a friendly monster. It also the first thing that I ever could really recognize that she had drawn:
This really blew my mind. This was from October, she really wanted to draw a tree. So we sat down and talked a little bit about a tree (colors, shapes) and she made a big green circle and then colored it in. Then she wanted a rectangle (for the trunk) and she couldn't figure out how to do it do I helped her a little by drawing two of the four lines and then she finished the rectangle and then she colored it in. Then she wanted a sun ("way up in the sky") and drew that all by herself along the the rays.

This is from last Thursday. She was drawing at the counter while I was cooking dinner. Look closely...she told me she was drawing a man and I (being busy cooking) said "that's nice." Well when I walked over to look, I was speechless: