Monday, November 2, 2009

Month 6

Ah, Month 6. Feeling good. This boy is a complete nut - absolutely crazy and active just like his sister was in the womb. I was on the computer the other night and had the laptop in my lap - something he has always loved (even from week 16 when I first felt him move, he would always wake up when I had the laptop on my lap.) Anyway, he would kick so hard the laptop would move! It was quite funny.

Nesting is kicking in. On top of my already tidy tendencies, I am in full on nesting mode. We organized the garage yesterday (Adam didn't seem to mind too much since we have our old television hooked up for the elliptical machine so he was able to watch football as we worked.) This morning, I was reaching in the cabinet in the bathroom for a new razor to take into the shower with me, and started to clean the cabinet out. Well, an hour later I finally got around to showering.
Clara asks everyday about "my baby brother" and if he will come soon. I have to explain that he is still growing and we have to wait. This morning she asked me if I took my vitamins to make him strong. Too sweet and thoughtful!
I am still quite concerned that I won't have everything ready but I keep telling myself all he needs is diapers, something to eat and love. Maybe one day that will sink in.
No, if you are wondering, he still has no name. At least that is one thing I am not that concerned about.
We have an appointment next week, along with a sonogram so we are excited to see how he is doing. In the meantime, I am still trying to eat more calories to gain some weight. Still contemplating rocks in the pockets at the appointment.
In the meantime, I will leave you with an eggplant picture. From now until week 28, little man is approximately this size.