Friday, August 22, 2008

Trip to Austin

We made a trip to Austin this past weekend. We made it a long weekend because Adam had a meeting in Temple on Tuesday (you now understand why Adam is hula-hooping in a tie in the slideshow below). Gretchen had a baby shower on Sunday (sorry, no pictures of it) and I attended that with Grandma, Susan and Ella while Adam and Mark watched Zane and Clara. We really had a great time hanging out, watching the Olympics (yes, it took over my life in Austin as well), catching up and having fun. Gretchen and Mark treated Clara to the Austin Children's Museum on Monday and she loved it. It was really amazing that she just started talking out of the blue this weekend. She repeats everything anybody says - I guess that means that I need to start watching my language or Clara will start repeating a few of my favorite four-letter words. I have added a video from Austin below. It is cute of Clara giggling and making funny noises and repeating "juice!" Turn up the volume! We had a really wonderful time and we can't wait to meet Metallica (a.k.a. Baby Smith) next month!