Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Two Months Old

Life has been great, wonderful, busy, crazy, you name it. And Owen Davis has just gone with the flow.

Owen Davis is now...
10 pounds 8 ounces
23 inches long

He has gained about a pound and a half!

Amazingly, my little boy is still pretty petite. About 20th percentile in weight. Although he has outgrown newborn diapers (about a week ago), he is still rocking the newborn and 0-3 month clothes.

Speaking of rocking...the hair. THE HAIR! Do I need to say anymore? It is much more golden with a reddish tint and doesn't show many signs of thinning as of late. I think it has also grown a bit longer too!

He is a little character when it comes to eating. Like Clara, he doesn't like distractions or interruptions while he drinks his milk. God forbid, I have to say something to Clara or Adam and I have a conversation. But when it comes to Clara, he really likes to listen to her. Especially, when she sings - he actually doesn't like it when I sing and lets me know (I don't blame him). We have been in the car and he has been screaming and you know who calmed him down? That's right, Clara. She made up a lullaby on the spot and he quieted down and stayed quiet as long as she sang! Too sweet!

He is also the only baby in the world who rarely sleeps in the car or swing or stroller. Owen must be still while he sleeps and LOVES his room. Put him in bed and he is happy. He has also made Adam and I very happy it comes to sleeping. He is now, very regularly, sleeping 12 hours with just one wake up to have a few ounces then he is right back down. We feel pretty rested but really feel lucky that we have another good sleeper!

He has graduated to the kitchen sink. Owen loves to take baths. I mean LOVES it. Put the boy in warm water, see a smile and a sweet little jig.

You can almost have a conversation with this little man, too. He loves to coo and squeal. I swore today he was imitating me and conversing with me. Between him and Clara, Adam and I won't be able to get a word in edgewise!

Owen's eyes are still dark blue and haven't changed much in the last couple of weeks. So, we will see...

Oh, and if you didn't notice - he loves the fan. He only had eyes for the fan today...

He also loves to play with his tongue. It seems to always be out!

So, here is Month Two picture with the Shark (yep, a bit distracted by the fan).
Month One...

Two Days Old...