Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy Harvest

Saturday, we were able to enjoy the first fruits (well, really vegetables) of our labor. We feasted on tomatoes and squash at dinner. Unfortunately, our peas are struggling in the heat. We have never tried them before so it really is an experiment. We have only 6 on the vine but that may be all we get.

Both the squash and tomatoes have really taken off. I stopped counting tomatoes when I reached 85. We have over 85 tomatoes on our three vines right now. If you look closely at the pictures above and below you can see big clumps of green tomatoes. Not that they will last long between garden and house, Clara is really loving tomatoes right now. She enjoys picking them right off the vine - mmm...warm tomatoes off the vine - what could be better?



These are my "Why not?" plants. I have two cantaloupe plants that I am trying out for the first time. We will see what happens...